Enriching Life Through Innovative Ideas SM
- Founder & Principal
Mr. Wang has filed thousands of patents, trademarks, and copyrights and is experienced in negotiating licensing agreements and obtaining favorable settlements for his clients in order to avoid costly trials. Additionally, Mr. Wang is experienced in Intellectual Property litigation through the U.S. Federal District Courts, United States Courts of Appeals, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
Although Mr. Wang’s practice is primarily focused on patent, trademark, and copyright, he regularly represents clients in antitrust and trade regulation, unfair competition, international business transactions, and other complex business litigation matters. Additionally, Mr. Wang is an expert adviser to international businesses in U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory compliance.
Mr. Wang’s clients range from multinational public corporations to individual entrepreneurs who have just started their business journey. Mr. Wang specializes in representing clients on international business transactions in and between China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the United States. Mr. Wang is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese, and serves as outside general counsel to many clients seeking legal management and counseling services with regard to their business affairs.
As a trained Biochemist, Mr. Wang devotes a large portion of his practice for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the field of medical devices, biochemical sciences, and chemical sciences. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Wang worked as a clinical research coordinator at the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Mr. Wang’s research experience allowed him to contribute to several ground-breaking projects from conceptualization to Internal Review Board and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approval. Mr. Wang also worked as a patent search professional at Cardinal Intellectual Property, where he conducted patentability, infringement, validity, freedom to operate, and landscape searches while drafting opinions based on his findings.
Mr. Wang regularly pens articles for Chinese-American news media outlets to provide legal analysis and insight on Intellectual Property issues. Mr. Wang has contributed to publications such as World Journal, China Press, Sing Tao Daily, City Newsweek, and Epoch Times. He has also been interviewed by CBS, Fox News, ABC7, and NBC for his legal expertise. Mr. Wang is also frequently interviewed in news segments for ETTV America for his interpretation on the legal aspects of current events. In addition to his news commentary, Mr. Wang hosts a weekly segment providing tips to business owners, inventors, and entrepreneurs on intellectual property rights and the key to building a successful company.
Mr. Wang is also featured in the hit reality TV show, iBoss, where he provides guidance and assistance to emerging entrepreneurs and business enthusiasts on their journey to success. With rich experiences navigating both the business and legal realms, Mr. Wang recognizes the value of sound advice and seeks to share his secrets to success through his role on the show.
- World Journalhttps
- China Presshttps
- Sing Tao Daily
- City Newsweekhttps
- Epoch Timeshttps
- Fox News
- ETTV America
Recognition and Accolades
With his multinational clientele expanding from the United States to Asia to Europe, Mr. Wang is uniquely positioned not only due to his expertise in the field but because of his valuable resources to assist high profile global entrepreneurship in the business. He has been:
- Hailed in Los Angeles Confidential Magazine as “one of the preeminent intellectual property attorneys in the business.”
- Spotlighted in the Wall Street Journal
- Highlighted in MSNBC for his zealous drive as an entrepreneur spanning both the business and legal industry
- Featured in Forbes and Fortune for his uniquely international approach to the legal field
- Promoted in The New York Times
As a result of Mr. Wang’s successful and distinctive prospective on corporate and intellectual property law, Mr. Wang has been:
- Named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers® for the past four years, placing him among the top 2.5% of attorneys practicing in the state of California.
- Honored as a “Top Lawyer in California” by American Lawyer Media for four consecutive years and counting, recognizing him as one of the select attorneys practicing in California with the highest ethical standards and professional excellence.
- Los Angeles Confidential
- Wall Street Journal
- The New York Times
- American Lawyer Mediahttps
Memberships and Associations
- Director of the Intellectual Property, Internet & New Media section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
- Vice President and Board of Directors of the Taiwanese American Lawyers Association (TALA).
- Member of the Monte Jade Science and Technology Association
- Member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association
- Taiwanese American Lawyers Association
Mr. Wang has dedicated his time to serve the community during his free time. He is the:
- Vice President and General Counsel to the Asian Pacific CPA Association (APCPAA)
- Legal Counsel to Sino American CPA Association (SACPAA).
- Advisor to the American Bar Association to reform Chinese government patent rules and regulations
- Prominent contributor in the revision of Intellectual Property law guidelines for the National Intellectual Property Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNIPA).
- Grand Award Judge for Biochemistry at Intel’s International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
- Grand Judge for the Biochemistry/Molecular Biology section of the California State Science Fair.
- Sino American CPA Association
Mr. Wang has also lectured at numerous highly regarded institutions including California Institute of Technology, University of Southern California, University of California at Los Angeles, Cathay Bank, Omni Bank, and the Chinese-American Engineers and Scientists Association of Southern California (CESASC).
Intellectual Property Areas of Practice:
- Licensing Agreements
Business Law Areas of Practice:
- Formation and Structuring of Business Entities
- Corporate Finance
- International Business Transactions & Litigation
- Contract Negotiation & Counseling
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court:
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- 9th District Court of Appeals
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Mandarin Chinese 國語
- Taiwanese 台語
- Conversational Spanish
To speak with one of our attorneys today, contact us at (888) 827-8880 or email us at [email protected]
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
What Our Clients Say
Starting a new business can be a bit scary. Aside from worries of failure, there’s also the hassle of making sure all legal paperwork are properly filed. I reached out to Mr. Wang (Tommy) because of his excellent reviews and reputation and I am so glad I did. He was thorough and meticulous in answering all of my concerns and took time to find out special laws and policies regarding the kind of business I am starting. I could focus on the daily practical side of starting my new office without worry because I felt Tommy was reliable and took my case seriously. My business is opened and it’s all been a smooth start because of Tommy’s help. I have plans to start another business venture in the next few years and I already know I’ll be coming back to Wang IP Law.
I came to Tommy for help reviewing a licensing agreement I had secured with a well-known manufacturer. Tommy made sure I understood all the details in the contract and he negotiated with the company to improve my side of the deal. I mentioned to Tommy at my first consultation that we were looking to expand throughout the US and were investing a lot of money to make a big entrance into the market. I did not think I would have my store open so soon but Tommy also has connections with the local area and realtors to help me secure the location for my first store in the Los Angeles area. Tommy works a lot with the local businesses and he understands how to transition from the Asian market to US market. Within 8 months my store was open for business and fully operating. I must recommend Tommy to any business owners looking for help with contracts and improving their side of the deal. Tommy has the knowledge and experience to make sure there is a smooth process to open for business here, and make sure that your company is set up for success.
I think Tommy and his team by far considered the best people to work with in my 16 business years. Beside quick responses to all my inquiries, they also done things right and providing very professional solutions. I’m highly recommending Tommy and his firm to all business owners.
I have been working on my Utility Patent for almost 4 years. I have hired and fired two very reputable IP firms because with all their expertise and reputation for being some of the top firms in IP Law, I felt a lack of connection and care in my product, time and financial investment. Then I found Tommy and his team. Tommy does not waste time. He and his team are professional and extremely thorough. After 4 years, I finally found a legal team that I felt spent the time to really understand the components of my utility patent. Tommy also very mindful of cost and how and where my money would be better spent. I really feel I am in great hands with Tommy and his team. They have been patient with my revisions. And most importantly, they made me feel that they fully understood the importance this patent is to me. It has been a great and comforting pleasure working with Tommy.