As your business expands, it is important to secure intellectual property rights and protection for trademarks in all the countries you operate in.
The Madrid Protocol is the best way for trademark holders to extend legal protection of their trademarks to 95 countries in a cost-effective, one-stop process:
- 95 Member Countries
- Does not include Taiwan
- One application in one language
- 3 stage process (see below)
- Valid for 10 years before renewal is necessary
- One set of fees (in Swiss francs)
- Simplifies subsequent management of mark- register changes in ownership or name or address with WIPO international bureau
Three Stage Process:
- Before filing international application, file/register within your “home” IP office
- WIPO conducts formal examination. Once approved, your mark is recorded in the International Register. A certificate if received by registrant and IP offices in all desired territories are notified.
- IP offices of territories where you want your mark will make a decision within the time limit (12 or 18 months) in accordance with their legislation. WIPO will record the decisions and notify you.
Why choose Wang IP Law?
Our firm tailors our International IP Protection services to individual clients’ needs in ways that large firms cannot. Our firm size means lower overhead and reduced costs for the client. Additionally, our firm has greater flexibility and utilization of today’s technology than larger ones. As a result, our clients enjoy the professional skill, experience and success of a large firm without the impersonal or generic customer service. In sum, our firm works one-on-one with clients to provide fast and effective solutions for all your International IP Protection needs.
Have more questions about FDA Compliance and Regulation?
Click here for our F.A.Q. page.
Wang IP Law Group, P.C. assists clients with Estate Planning in the Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Gabriel Valley, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Fernando Valley, San Diego County and San Francisco and San Jose area. Our firm also provides services internationally including representing clients in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Israel.
To speak with an attorney about your estate issue, contact us today at (888) 827-8880 or email us at info@TheWangIPLaw.com.